Anal pain can be a sign of a serious colorectal issue, so it is important to consult a doctor right away.
The board-certified doctors at Colon & Rectal Surgical Specialists of New York can identify the cause and provide the treatment you need.
Are you wondering if it's time to reach out to our practice serving Greater Long Island, NY?
When to Contact CRSSNY
Call us if you have anal area pain lasting more than 48 hours that over-the-counter medication does not relieve. You should also reach out if the pain or discomfort in your anal region worsens or becomes chronic.
Common Causes of Anal Pain
Anal pain can be indicative of:
- Anal fissures
- Muscle spasms
- Anal ulcers
- Skin problems
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Fungal infections
- Levator Ani Syndrome Spasms (more common in women)
Our doctors will conduct a thorough screening to determine the cause of your symptoms and the best possible solution in your case.
Anal Pain Treatment Options
- Hemorrhoids can be treated with dietary changes, heat therapy, prescription creams, and if needed, surgical removal.
- Anal fissures often heal thanks to steroid creams, warm baths, and BOTOX® injections to decrease muscle spasms. However, surgery is sometimes needed.
- Cancerous tumors of either the anus or rectum can be treated with surgery, especially if detected in the early stages.
- Blood clots or an abscess may require drainage.
- If a patient experiences skin irritation or an infection, we often treat it with prescription medicine or topical cream.
- Many STDs also respond to non-invasive treatments.
Rectal Pain Is a Common Concern
5-Star Reviews for CRSSNY
Dr. Frank Caliendo treated me with kindness and put me at ease when i needed surgery. I am very thankful for the support of staff and my physician.View On Google
The doctors here are compassionate and thorough and the office is immaculate. They were super comforting and did everything they could to help me feel safe and taken care of, especially in COVID.View On Google
Expert Hemorrhoid Treatment
To restore your health and quality of life by relieving pain associated with conditions of the anus as well as easing any fears and embarrassment you may have regarding rectum treatments.
Treating Anal Fissures
Why Choose CRSSNY to Treat Your Anal Pain?
Our practice has been successfully treating patients throughout Long Island, Garden City, East Setauket, and Queens for anal pain and related issues since 2000.
Our highly trained colorectal specialists are certified by American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery. They are considered leaders in their field.
Our Long Island practice is associated with the esteemed Mount Sinai Health System.
Exams and treatments are performed in comfortable and private soundproof rooms.
Many rectum pain conditions, such as hemorrhoids, can be treated non-operatively. We will explore all other viable options before recommending surgery.
Advanced Surgical Center
Our ambulatory surgical center features the latest endoscopic technology, which allows for minimally invasive procedures with shorter healing times. A board-certified anesthesiologist is on staff to provide you with safe, effective sedation.
We offer weekend office hours and colonoscopy appointments to accommodate your busy schedule.
Our doctors have been featured in Castle Connolly's Top Doctors, New York Magazine's Best Doctors, and the Guide to America's Top Surgeons.